Your information is also used to help manage the NHS in providing healthcare. It may be used to:
- review the care given to patients to make sure it is of the highest possible standard
- make sure services are planned to meet patients’ needs in the future
- investigate complaints, legal claims or important incidents
- ensure money is appropriately allocated to the Health Board to pay for services it provides
- check and report on how effective the NHS has been
- make sure that the NHS and its services give value for money.