Welcome to Physiotherapy
Welcome to the Physiotherapy service for adults in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan.
We offer a wide range of inpatient, outpatient, rehabilitation and community services to adults with various conditions, injuries and impairments, throughout Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan
Who do we work with?
Physiotherapists provide assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for the following:
- Musculoskeletal conditions – these include trauma, orthopaedics, arthritic and rheumatological conditions. Please see the MSK Physiotherapy section for full details of the service.
- Women's health – including management of problems during pregnancy and post-natally; gynaecological conditions and continence problems.
- Neurological conditions – these include Multiple Sclerosis, Polyneuropathies, Motor Neurone Disease, as well as brain injury and spinal cord injury.
- Surgical patients – these include general surgery and specialist surgery such as cardiac (heart) surgery, hepato-pancreato-biliary (liver/pancreas) surgery or renal (kidney) surgery.
- Medical patients – including general medicine, older peoples services, haematology.
- Respiratory conditions – including Cystic Fibrosis, Bronchiectasis.
- Critical care and high dependency.
- Mental health conditions – including mental health services for older people.
- Other physical disabilities.
Treatment is provided on an inpatient/outpatient basis in some speciailities. In addition, physiotherapy services are provided within day hospital and community settings.
There are some physiotherapists in the service that are able to provide therapy through the medium of Welsh.
There are Physiotherapy services based at the following locations throughout the Health Board:
University Hospital of Wales
Tel: 029 2074 5884
Fax: 029 2074 2630
This site provides inpatient and outpatient physiotherapy service.
Cardiff Royal Infirmary – Longcross House
Tel: 029 2033 5717
Fax: 029 2033 5240
This site provides outpatient physiotherapy service.
Cardiff Royal Infirmary – West Wing
Tel: 029 20 33 5153
Fax: 2033 5240
This site provides inpatient physiotherapy service and older persons rehabilitation including the Regional Stroke Unit.
St David’s Hospital
Tel:029 2053 6838
Fax: 029 2053 6848
This site provides outpatient physiotherapy service, continuing care and mental health services for older people including day hospital.
Tel: 029 2033 6345
Fax: 029 2069 1592
This site provides outpatient physiotherapy service and physiotherapy for inpatients with mental health services.
Tel: 029 2071 5475
Fax: 029 2071 5210
This site provides outpatient and inpatient physiotherapy service.
Tel: 01446 704148
Fax: 01446 704148
This site provides outpatient physiotherapy service, continuing care and mental health services for older people.
Rookwood Hospital – Community Physiotherapy
Tel: 029 2073 5153
Fax: 029 2033 5240
This site has the Welsh Spinal Injuries Team, Specialist Neuro Rehabilitation Service, the Artificial Limb and Appliance Service (ALAS), the Acquired Brain injury Team and community physiotherapy services including an older persons rehabilitation ward and a day hospital.