Welcome to Ynys Saff SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre)
Ynys Saff or
Safe Island is a sexual assault referral centre where a range of specially trained, experienced professionals give help, support and advice to men, women, children and young people, following sexual assault in and the Vale. Cardiff
We have been developed in partnership with the police, health and voluntary services to ensure that victims of these crimes get the best possible care.
What we offer at Ynys Saff
We provide a holistic service in a safe and comfortable environment that is client focused. Anyone can refer to us. It doesn't matter how long ago an assault happened, or if you don't want to tell the police.
Our services include:
- Advice - to help you decide the way forward
- Police Interview facilitation – using the latest technology in a comfortable and confidential setting
- Emotional support and Advice – continued support whilst undergoing medical exam and / or police interview. Also ongoing support through the criminal justice process right up to court.
- Forensic Medical Examination - carried out by a specially trained doctor
- Follow up Support - ongoing support and advocacy through the criminal justice system
- Counselling Services - ongoing specialist counselling from one of our experienced and qualified Counsellors. We also offer play-therapy for younger children.
How to contact us
You can contact us in writing at:
Ynys SaffSARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre)
Royal Infirmary Cardiff Newport Road CardiffCF24 0SZ
You can telephone us on 029 2033 5795, or send us a fax on 029 2033 5796.
If you are concerned about a child you should follow All Wales Child Protection Procedures and contact your nearest Children's Services or Child Protection Lead.
Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (excluding Bank Holidays)
If calling outside of these hours, please leave a message on the confidential answer phone with your contact details, and a member of staff will call you.
Client information leaflets
At Ynys Saff we have training room facilities that can cater for up to 35 people. We have projector screen and laptop facilities, as well as an urn and cups if you wish to bring your own tea and coffee making items. We regularly hold multi agency training days for our partnership agencies and will role these days out on a bi-annual basis. We regularly hold a range of information and awareness raising training sessions that are available to anyone.
We also hire our training room out to partnership agencies for conferences and meetings. Anyone who is interested in attending one of our training days or for enquiries about hiring our training room facilities should contact
the SARC Team on 029 2033 5795. A member of the Team will be happy to confirm dates, availability and costs.