Aim of Llandough Day Hospital
Our aim is to provide the best quality holistic multidisciplinary team rehabilitation service to patients, in order to maximise their functional independence and psychological well-being in the overall context of 'Chronic Disease Management'.
As a Multidisciplinary Team our philosophy is to provide the best Rehabilitation Service to all our patients, using a holistic approach to the care that we give. In order to fulfil this goal, we aspire to:
- treat all our patients with courtesy and respect
- treat each patient equally regardless of racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, sex, age, disability or sexuality
- value the fact that every patient is an individual with individual needs and concerns
- respect the patient's right to privacy and confidentiality
- maximise our patients' functional independence within their individual abilities
- act as an educational resource for our patients, their carers and family, providing health promotion, support and information.
What We Do
We provide a full multidisciplinary assessment and treatment. The treatment is made up of both individual and group therapy. The Day Hospital also has access to the full diagnostics within University Hospital Llandough.
Day Hospital Structure
- 40 places daily Monday to Friday
- Male and female places
Telephone: 029 2071 5425 / 5423
Fax: 029 2071 5446
- Parkinson's Disease Service
- Cardiac Failure Clinic
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Function Group
- Osteoporosis treatment
- Speech and Language Communication Group
- Well Being Programme
- Falls Management Programme
Referrals can be made by any Health and Social Care professional, for patients requiring multidisciplinary assessment and treatment. Patients must require the input from at least 2 members of the Multidisciplinary Team.